Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Farewell


After more than three years of having your ear, I am bringing ManageAdvice to a close.  Simply, I have written virtually everything I know about management.  You have honoured me by following my thoughts and perhaps implementing some of my advice.

In more than thirty years of management with several organizations, I have learned that listening carefully and acting decisively are important skills for managers.  In writing ManageAdvice, I have discovered that there remains a creative “je ne sais quoi” in managing people and organizations.  All good managers develop their own abilities to recognize, assess and act for the benefit of their customers, organizations, colleagues and staff.  ManageAdvice blog will “always” be available in cyberspace, and perhaps you might recommend it to other staff as they build their management skills. 

Writing a blog has taught me a lot, and I have transferred that learning to my new travel blog, BeenTouring.  Like ManageAdvice, my new blog fulfills a commitment to myself, this time to “do something” with years of travel notes and photos.  If you haven’t joined me yet on this new venture and would like to receive reminders, email me at beentouring@gmail.com.  Or you can follow me on Twitter @beentouring.

Best wishes to all managers and aspiring managers.  Regardless of the challenges faced every day, you have the power to encourage creativity and to change circumstances.  Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Talk about your decisive... Go in the knowledge that you have created a repository of advice that can be accessed by anyone with the need. A book, sort of, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great postings Judith. And look forward to seeing the new blog!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a pleasure to read Judith and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete